Saturday 28 February 2015

Cosy and Warm

Good Evening...

Cosy and warm is the best title I could think of today given that the weather here is enough to blow you over and freeze you to death!  I am chuckling to myself now as I realise that  I start most of my Blog posts off with a comment about our Great British Weather (not)! 

Today's card is made with a House Mouse Stamp - 'Knit Gift', I think this is such an adorable image!

I coloured the image with copic markers, mounted and layered it up with some Papermania papers and used a sheet of Papermania Kraft card embossed with dots as the background.  

I slightly distressed the edges of the image with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - 'Tea Dye'.  (Never done that before but I thought it was about time I gave it a go and the white card needed dulling down a bit)!

I added some natural twine from The Ribbon Girl and some jute ribbon. adhesive pearls and embellishments from my trinket box.  Finally to finish the card off I added two little labels stamped with Lili of the Valley sentiment tags and embossed with clear powder. 

I decided to try and make this card a little less fussy as I did n't want to overwhelm these two delightful little mouse friends.


I would like to enter this card for the following challenges - 
House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge - Friends (HMFMC188)
Deep Ocean Challenge - Our Furry Friends



Ingredients
House Mouse Cling Rubber Stamp - 'Knit Gift'
Colour Blend Card from Quixotic Paperie
Memento Black Ink
Copic Markers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad- 'Tea Dye'
Kraft Card by Papermania
Other Papers by Papermania
Crafts Too A4 Embossing Folder - 'dottie'
Natural Hemp Twine from The Ribbon Girl
Jute Ribbon by Hobbycraft
Polka Dot Star Button by Lynette Anderson Designs
Small Mitten Button by 'Dress It Up' 
Adhesive Pearls by The Hobby House
Lili of The Valley Sentiment Tags - Set 24 & Set 32
Stampendous Ultra Detail Clear Embossing Powder



Inks Used
Memento Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Copic Markers - W1, W3, W5, W7, E50, E51, E53,
E21, E35, E57, R56, R59, R89, E41, E42, E43, W0

Thank you so much for visiting,
Happy Crafting!...xxx

6 comments:

Christine L said...

Love the distressing around this fabbie image Sue... it gives the card and image a glow!

Hugs
Christine x

Sue said...

Thank you Christine, lovely of you to visit and comment...I really appreciate it...xxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sue, it was lovely working with you last night, hubby is of to the Coop this morning to drop of your pads. By the way I also have a blog its www.nannieflash.blogspot.com and www.nannieflash2.blogspot.com hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Sue said...

thank you Shirley, all very much appreciated...xxx

Unknown said...

This is lovely - great colors and design. :)

Sue said...

Thank you Sanja... Lovely of you to visit and comment...xxx